Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bitch mode!


Ok.. so far I've only blogged what I like and that's what I'll primarily focus on. This, however, is a post about something that irritates me! (aren't you so excited?!)

I was standing in a very stylish store in SL called {mon tissu}. They have very high quality clothing that I love to check out when I hear about new stuff! (so, yes, drop stuff/go now) I happen to take my time when choosing something to buy.. so I could stand in front of a row of skirts for 20 minutes before deciding I definitely wanted this one or that. (I digress...) Anyway, I suddenly got a LM dropped on my head for another store. I hate this. Don't go to other people's stores to advertise your own. Get out there and get on blogs, get on Plurk, wear stuff out in public and get noticed.. advertise yourself!! So already points are off this place. But.. in all fairness and thinking of you guys (what if this place is awesome?!), I accepted instead of my usual decline. I knew I'd check it out when I got the time.

Today I got the time. I dug it up and was very hopeful when I double clicked that lm. Then I arrived. Yeah. There were three pictures with tattoos for sale... and a pair of legging in several colors up on white walls with no character to the shop what-so-ever. That's it. Um.. if you're going to hand me a lm when I'm in another store, you better bring it! There better be something worth my time there!

(Oh, wait.. they did have two lucky chairs. What they were giving away, I have no idea. There were only 5 or so items to give...)

In short, I am a faithful shopper of the stores I like, and I suppose this post is much more about new designers learning how to actually get their names out in a positive way, rather than using other designers' popularity. (This probably stems from having designer friends who have worked hard to get where they are!) If you have good stuff, you're going to be able to entice a blogger to talk about you. It's a start. Plurk is a wonderful tool, as well. If you want the notoriety.. do the work. For serious.

Until next time... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment